Local Alumni Associations
Local Alumni Associations, or LAAs, have become important parts of Brotherhood. They allow alumni to remain active after leaving their Chapter, whether for the purpose of continued service to the community, to the Fraternity, or for the simple pleasure of continued social interactions with fellow Brothers. LAAs are playing an increasingly important role in Delta Lambda Phi.
Benefits of Establishing a Local Alumni Association
- Maintain contact with area Lambda Men through events
- Keep in touch with our Fraternity and abreast of all its activities
- Sponsor functions for Lambda Men at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Plan happy hours, family days, community service projects, alumni recognition dinners, luncheons/dinners with keynote speakers, etc.
- Assist the local undergraduate chapter in the areas of advising needs, career planning, membership recruitment, community service/philanthropy, alumni programming, scholarship, etc.
- Welcome new Lambda Men to your city, and introduce them to their new environment
Steps to Start a Local Alumni Association of Delta Lambda Phi
Forming an alumni association is an easy process! All you need is to organize your members, approve bylaws, have a physical address (i.e. P.O. Box), obtain a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN), and open a bank account. There is also an application form (which will guide you through this process) and a $75 application fee. Here’s all you need to get started:
- Contact the Director of Alumni Engagement, Zach Ozbun (email@example.com), to express interest in forming a LAA.
, which outlines the procedures for an LAA.
- Possession of a Physical address (commonly a P.O. Box)
- Obtain an EIN (Employer Identification Number) Click Here
- Setup a Bank Account
- Submit the LAA Recognition Fee ($75)
- Model Bylaws: Bylaws for Chapter and City-based LAAs can be found on Confluence and are linked below. Please email Zach Ozbun, Director of Alumni Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Once your organization is up and running, you’ll find lots of useful information in the Phi Manual, a collaborative effort between the DLPAA and the Education Committee.
Local Alumni Associations of Delta Lambda Phi
Omega Chapter Alumni Association
Alpha Alpha Alumni Association
Iota Alumni Association
Greater San Diego Alumni Association
San Diego, CA
District of Columbia
Alpha Centauri Alumni Association
Central Florida Alumni Association
South Florida Alumni Association
Chicagoland Alumni Association
LAA of the Massachusetts Bay
Mid-Michigan Alumni Association
Twin Cities Alumni Association
Heartland Alumni Association
St. Louis Alumni Association
St. Louis, MO
Beta Sigma Alumni Association
New Brunswick, NJ
Beta Xi Alumni Association
New York, NY
Raleigh Area Alumni Association
Alpha Psi Alumni Association
Alpha Rho Alumni Association
State College, PA
Seattle Alumni Association