Becoming a Member
Are you interested in making your presence make a difference as a member of Delta Lambda Phi?
Becoming a Member of the Gamma Gamma Chapter of Delta Lambda Phi is a process. We want to ensure that we take as much time as you need to feel comfortable making your decision to join us, as well as feeling confident that our Brotherhood is right for you and that you are right for our Brotherhood. Here are the steps you should take if you’re interested in joining:
- Reach out to us! We want to know that you’re interested, and why you want to become a member of our chapter. The more we know about you, the better we can accommodate you and guide you along the path to Brotherhood. If you already know someone that is a part of our chapter or are comfortable reaching out to one of us specifically, we would be more than willing to set up a time to discuss our organization and how you can become a part of it. See the “Contact Us” tab for more information!
- Stay in touch with us! “Like” our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Here, you will be notified of upcoming events, and ways to get involved with us even before recruitment begins. We also have tables at Fraternity and Sorority Life fairs and the PickOne! Expo, so be sure to stop by and see us there, so we can get your contact information and send you information about upcoming events.
- Come to our recruitment events! We hold recruitment during two weeks of each year, one week during the fall semester and one week during the spring semester. We will hold various events throughout the week so that everyone has a chance to attend and enjoy the company and fun activities while getting to know more about our organization. Recruitment week schedules will be posted on our social media as well as on our website at least 4 weeks before the beginning of each semester, and will be sent out via email to the contacts we make personally or at recruitment fairs.
- Accept your bid! After the week of recruitment events, the Brotherhood will have become acquainted with you and you with the brotherhood. We, as a chapter, will then extend bids of pledgeship to the potential new members who we believe would benefit from involvement in our chapter. You will then have the opportunity to accept or decline your bid to becoming a pledge.
- Complete our pledge education program! After you have accepted your bid, you will enter our 7 week pledge education program, during which you and your fellow pledges will meet once per week with our pledge educator to learn more about the history, values, purpose, and traditions of our fraternity, in order to prepare you to enter our chapter as a Brother.
- Become a Member! After the completion of your pledge education period, the chapter will again decide if you are ready graduate from pledge status based on your performance in your pledge education program, as well as your commitment to our chapter’s purposes that you have demonstrated theretofore. Should we decide to accept you into our Brotherhood, you will be granted active Member status, and will receive the rights and privileges of an active Member, as well as be able to fully take advantage of the benefits that involvement with Delta Lambda Phi provides.