Office of Expansion Seeking Colony Mentors
August 19, 2012
Are you an alumnus of Delta Lambda Phi and want to get involved in the Fraternity’s growth? Especially if you live in Northern California, there may be a great opportunity for you!
The Fraternity’s Office of Expansion is currently seeking two Delta Lambda Phi alumni members to serve as mentors for the future colony at Sacramento State University. The local Interest Group there is nearing its approval to officially be recognized and move on to Colony status.
The job duties of the Colony Mentor position are as follows:
- Undergo Mentor Training as outlined by the Office of Expansion prior to the Colonization Ritual.
- Maintain regular communication with the Colony and the Office of Expansion.
- Attend and conduct all Colony rituals and ceremonies.
- Ensure that the Colony and its members are following the rules and directives of the Mentors, the Office of Expansion, the Fraternity Office and the Board of Directors.
- Serve as pledge educators for the founding pledge class.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all Colony rush periods, philanthropies, fundraisers, and social events.
- Assist in the creation and editing of the Charter Petition.
- Financial commitment in terms of individual travel, ritual materials, and family line responsibilities and gifts.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Please note that to qualify for this position, candidates must be alumni in good standing with their respective home Chapters. If you are interested in the position, or know an alumnus who is, please contact the Director of Expansion, Br. Jordan Decker, by e-mail and attach a Fraternity resume, as well as a letter of intent. The deadline for applying is Saturday, August 25.